Walk and train is a brand new service we are launching over winter this year. Training dogs is not easy – in all honestly it’s an entire skillset you need to learn in order to effectively train you dog. So, to cut out the stress and struggles we are here to do the training for you, and assist in building your dogs skillset which in turn aids you are an owner to have a more successful training journey.
At our walk and trains, we require a minimum of 2 sessions a week. These sessions will last 30 minutes at the designated training location. Your dog will be required to travel with us in the van to locations deem suitable to train at. Sessions are booked in 4 weekly blocks, similarly to our current dog walking service.
Once we have reached a point that we feel your dog is progressing well an the foundations are strong we hand it back to you and guide you through the remaining stages to proof the new behaviours with you.
Dog training is built on foundations: while we are laying the training foundations we will require you to work on your relationship and ensure the dog is not practising unwanted behaviours out with our sessions to ensure you get the best results. This is something we will wholeheartedly guide you with as part of the programme.
Walk and trains will namely be carried out my Lhanna, unless we otherwise feel Jamie would be better suited.
The nitty gritty!
- Each session is £25 – which equates to £50 per week
- Blocks will be 4 weeks long, equating to £200 per 4 week cycle
- Additional weekly sessions can be added as can in person training sessions.
- Sessions will include the teaching of foundation behaviours
- And the modification of behaviour once ready
- Your dogs progress will be shared on social media, and you updated via whatsapp on their progression weekly
- Necessary relationship building and bonding exercises will be provided in your whats app updates
- Training walks are available Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
- Following successful training, your dog can be introduced to our structured group walks.
- Training covered: leash work, confidence building, dog to dog reactivity and more.
- Areas covered are the Glasgow west end to Hardgate
- To book in – pop us a message over too woof@houseofherders
To find out more about how we train, check us out on our socials and over at House of Herders